|ro (rodei) wrote,|
@ 2025-08-09 05:05:00
NAME rosalie deighan
AGE/DOB 31 / may 22, 1986
EDUCATION m.eng in computer science
OCCUPATION security sysadmin, freelance penetration tester
HOMETOWN torquay, uk
istp-t, type 7
LOVES surfing, the idea of long boards, couch co-op, breakfast sandwiches, bourbon (bulleit especially), tinkering, polyamory, raspberry pi, martial arts, surprise coffee, snakes, just science in general as a thing that exists, motorcycles, drive-in movies, falling asleep on the couch, extensive wine collections, cuddling, spontaneity, rough kisses, the rain.
HATES small talk, pants, removing usb safely, self-censorship, warm beer, bigots in general, dishonesty, commitment, one night stands (in theory; practice is something else entirely), long fingernails, hospitals, feeling helpless.
‣ grew up with her grandparents as her legal guardians after her parents left her with them when she was five years old. her grandmother didn't have the heart to tell her it was because they'd never wanted children in the first place until she was sixteen.
‣ left to her own devices a lot of the time (except for when her granddad had her working in his garage with him). grew up spending a lot of time surfing, skateboarding, and generally being a menace.
‣ one of the older kids, ollie, spent a lot of his time poking around in areas of the internet he shouldn't have been and when ro expressed an interest in what he kept himself busy with he was more than happy to take her under his wing.
‣ she was twelve when her grandfather passed due to heart complications, nineteen when her grandmother followed him.
‣ she moved to london to attend ucl's computer science program, then spent a year abroad in hong kong during her third year just because it was on offer and she really had nothing to hold her back.
‣ met david when she moved back to london, a student from california, and fell pretty hard for him. when the year came to an end (and she'd finished her degree) she followed him back overseas. neither of them were entirely invested in the relationship and while he offered to marry her to keep her in the us (and part of the offer involved an as-of-yet unborn child that she miscarried late), she knew she wasn't in love and that she didn't want to be tied to him legally.
‣ spent years struggling with dual intent work visas and green cards once she and david split up, but she has since been granted her permanent residency (professionals and skilled workers) and is just waiting for the day when they take it away from her.
‣ currently works as a security system administrator for the tech company that sponsored her visa, runs penetration tests for her friend's company, and keeps up a side hustle repairing, unlocking, and jailbreaking phones and tablets.
‣ tends to always have a project or two on the go. her kitchen table is a mess of junk parts, soldering irons, and frankensteined gadgets that only sometimes actually work.
‣ hasn't quite figured out the grown up aspect of being grown up. generally drinks too much too often, gets herself into dumb situations, and is still learning how to take better care of herself.
‣ spent a lot of time in her granddad's garage growing up and is surprisingly intuitive when it comes to engines. not many people know this about her because she really enjoys being underestimated. has parts of a '77 triumph in her garage that she's slowly piecing together.
‣ recently removed herself from a semi-unhealthy "it's complicated" relationship and severed all ties with that friend group (ie: the bulk of her friends), including moving across the city to a semi-rundown two bedroom house in glenpark.